RATA(NPC) is the only and official voice of the hospitality and Tourism sector for the Rustenburg region.
MISSION – DESTINATION OF CHOICE
We envisage Rustenburg to be a destination of choice. A place people aspire to visit, a place where experiences will provide everlasting memories. RATA members and the associated businesses recognise the part our organisation and individual members can play in providing an absolutely amazing service to each and every traveller enquiring about visiting or passing through our city,district and province.
OBJECTIVES OF RATA
- Represent and protect the interests of businesses and stakeholders of the Hospitality and Tourism industry.
- Ensure that tourism and hospitality play a significant role in the diversification of the Rustenburg economy.
- Encourage active participation in ensuring growth and sustainability of the tourism and hospitality sector in Rustenburg.
- Promote the Rustenburg region as a destination.
- Promote quality products, service and responsible tourism.
- Provide an extensive and collaborative marketing platform for our member-businesses and protect their interests.
- Support sustainable job creation and skills transfer projects to enable youth to enter the tourism industry.
- Encourage and create opportunities for training, development and upskilling of existing employees.
- Collect and monitor statistics impacting on and affected by the tourism and hospitality sector.
- Ensure that all members receive relevant information.
- Create an extensive support network and give members the opportunity to actively participate, benefit, share and contribute towards the goals of RATA(NPC).
- Actively participate in the UNESCO proclaimed Magaliesberg Biosphere Reserve, BojanalaTourism Cluster and North West Tourism.
- Represent RATA(NPC) member interests and build relationships with all stakeholders and business forums across economic sectors as well as spheres of government for the greater good of our town, district and province.
- Supporting successful transformation in the local tourism sector.
- Rustenburg Chamber of Commerce.
- Magaliesberg Biosphere Tourism Route.
- Membership available on tiered structure; and
- Annual membership fee based on sliding scale.
- Create and distribute printed marketing material:
- – Accommodation/where to stay brochure;
- – Things to do brochure; and
- – Regional tourism map.
- Website includes:
- – General information about the Rustenburg region;
- – Individual member listing; and
- – Additional advertising opportunities.
- Monthly e-newsletter.
- Other electronic platforms include Travel blog; Instagram; Facebook; Pinterest and mobile applications.
- Local is lekker – Rustenburg Herald supplement; and
- Magaliesberg Biosphere newspaper supplements.
- Indaba Durban in May annually (Tier 2);
- Botswana Tourism in October, annually;
- Getaway Gauteng in September, annually; and
- Piekfijn food and wine festival.
PROJECTS, FUNDRAISER AND WORKSHOPS
- Sunrise to sunset 100km Magalies Biosphere Women’s Walk;
- Support a variety of charitable institutions; and
- Arbor week and tourism month initiatives.
NON PROFIT COMPANY AND SUPPORT NETWORK
- RATA(NPC) is a registered Non-Profit Company with five directors who oversee corporate governance and transparency.
- The board members, office administrator and marketing team oversee the administrative support, projects and day-to-day issues.
- Central Reservations, bookings and referral systems are in place.
- AGM and general monthly meetings include sharing off business-related information, interaction with industry colleagues, guest speakers and informative presentations.
- Annual Year-End Function to reflect and relax.
RATA(NPC) consists of a group of diverse enthusiastic hospitality and tourism business owners, managers and stakeholders. We are all passionate about what we do and we choose to play an active part in creating a sustainable, diversified economy for the greater Rustenburg area.
we teach each other, support each other, encourage each other. We arrange for training,information sessions and upskilling, not only for ourselves butt also our employees. We spend time creating meaningful realtionships with stakeholders and provide a cosolidated marketing platform.
RATA(NPC) is the only and official voice for the Tourism and Hospitality Industry in the Rustenburg region.
Access Token not set. You can generate Access Tokens for your Page or Profile on fb.srizon.com. After generating the access token, insert it on the backend